[Ardour-Users] Question from a new list member

Christian christian08 at runbox.com
Thu Oct 23 11:44:52 PDT 2008

Hi all,
I have just subscribed to this list.
I am using Ubuntu Hardy as my OS and I have been searching for a such tool as Ardour.
I have tried out a few programs but none of them have been accessible to me as a visually impaired computer user using Orca, the screen reader for the Gnome desktop.
I have tried an old release of Ardour, something with version 1, I think it was.
Now I want to try out the new version of Ardour. What is the best way to do this on Ubuntu?
Want to see if it is accessible and from what I have heared Ardour offers many keyboard commands.
Any help would be apreciated.
Many thanks,
Christian