[Ardour-Users] editing ardour session files

Steve Folta steve at folta.net
Wed Oct 1 02:34:38 PDT 2008

On Wed, Oct 1, 2008 at 2:18 AM, sh0099 <sh0099 at gmx.de> wrote:
> i like to edit some ardour session files to be able to do things ardour is
> not able in the moment.
> because of this i have a few questions.
>
> what constitutes the order of tracks?

Ah, a fellow Mac native user, I see...  I had to do this recently.  I
think it was the "order-keys" attribute of the "Route" tag.  Which
means you have to edit not only the track you want to change, but all
the ones that come after it.

If I ever get my own Mac native build going, I'd like to write a patch
to add commands for moving a track up and down, which could be bound
to the keys of one's choice.  But don't your breath for it.