[Ardour-Users] editing ardour session files

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Wed Oct 1 02:39:13 PDT 2008

On Wed, 2008-10-01 at 11:33 +0200, sh0099 wrote:
> Paul Davis schrieb:
> > On Wed, 2008-10-01 at 11:18 +0200, sh0099 wrote:
> >
> >> i like to edit some ardour session files to be able to do things ardour
> >> is not able in the moment.
> >> because of this i have a few questions.
> >>
> >> what constitutes the order of tracks?
> >>
> ^ at the moment this is interesting for me ... ^

sorry. as noted by steve, its the order key. tracks have 2 keys, 1 for
the editor window and another for the mixer window.

> >> or why is there a duplication of time values in the session file?
> >>

> > which duplication?
> >

> for example
>
> Playlists->Playlist->Region->start
> and
> Regions->Region->start

the former is in the definition of a real playlist
the second is in the definition of the region list, which contains
copies of all regions in playlists, plus regions that might not
(currently) be in any playlist. note that its a *copy*, its not the same
region as is found in a playlist. you can infer that the position field
for regions in the region list is essentially meaningless.