[Ardour-Users] subscription support down, your ideas sought

Kevin Cosgrove kevinc at cosgroves.us
Fri May 16 09:29:06 PDT 2008

Ya know, with all the fuss over PayPal, it occurs to me that
my credit union allows me to set up my own bill payments, and
allows me to make those manual or automatic.  Payments for high
popularity payees, e.g. Citibank, are made via electronic funds
transfer.  Other payments are made via check, where my credit
union prints a check and sends it to a payee, my plumber for
instance.

My guess is that people could set up their own "subscription"
through their bank to pay any amount they choose monthly.  This
circumvents the PayPal issues.  I'm not sure how well it lets
Paul observe or plan for his income.  Maybe that could be helped
by having a "subscription pledge" section on the ardour website?
If a good number of us wanted to do this, then Paul would have to
let us know his address (PO Box?) so that we could enter it into
the auto bill payment software with our banks or credit unions.

Any comments on this?

--
Kevin