[Ardour-Users] subscription support down, your ideas sought

Dave Phillips dlphillips at woh.rr.com
Tue May 13 11:58:33 PDT 2008

Greetings,

For may part, I'll start by raising my monthly subscription payment. I
can also run another Ardour update at any time for LJ on-line. I have
another deadline coming up for a hard-copy article for LJ, so perhaps we
should do that interview ?

I agree with others re: YouTube and other contemporary comm channels. My
Windows-bound students have made good use of the Reaper and Audacity
tutorials on YouTube. Some similar tutorials/demos for Ardour might help
spread the news.

How much publicity have Ardour and JACK received in the mainstream
publication channels for the Mac ?

I don't know what it would take to get Electronic Musician or Keyboard
to run a serious look at Ardour. Maybe invite their reviewers to a demo
at NAMM or a similar show ? Though I imagine that would be costly.

IIRC, my articles for LJ and O'Reilly revert to my possession after a
certain time. However, anything I've written about Ardour is too
outdated for reprinting. I'd prefer to write a new one. So which
publications (on-line and hard-copy) are the most important targets ?

Best,

dp