[Ardour-Users] subscription support down, your ideas sought

Joe Button ardour at joebutton.co.uk
Tue May 13 10:54:24 PDT 2008

On Tue, 2008-05-13 at 11:08 -0400, Paul Davis wrote:
> If you
> have ideas for how to widen the pool of people who support Ardour,
> especially in an ongoing way, please share them with me via this mailing
> list.

Here is my recommended four step plan for increasing ardour's user base,
adding to its documentation and luring subscribers:

1) Make dazzling series of screencasts demonstrating and documenting
ardour in action.

2) Upload them to youtube.

3) Make higher quality versions available to subscribers, for people who
are impressed by the display of ardour's functionality but can't work
out quite what's going on due to the crappy quality of youtube videos.

4) Wait for explosion of user base and subscription revenue.

> I'm particularly interested in ideas that don't actually take me
> much time, either in terms of research or implementation.

Unfortunately this probably doesn't meet that goal unless someone who
isn't you takes it on.

Joe x