[Ardour-Users] A couple of issues with Ardour2

Brett McCoy idragosani at gmail.com
Sun Mar 30 17:20:41 PDT 2008

On Sun, Mar 30, 2008 at 4:52 PM, Joe Hartley <jh at brainiac.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 30 Mar 2008 16:31:53 -0400
>  "Brett McCoy" <idragosani at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>  > 1) I have a session I'd recorded in Ardour2 (v2.1) a few months back,
>  > using the binary from CCRMA on Fedora 7. I opened it up today and am
>  > getting this error:
>  >
>  > [ERROR]: Unable to create all required ports
>  > [ERROR]: Session "/home/idragosani/music/alhazred/silver_key/yesilim
>  > (snapshot yesilim)" did not load successfully
>  >            .  .  .
>
> > duplicate port name in port registration request
>
>  Yesterday I went back to a project I started a few months ago, and ran into
>  this same problem.  I added a new track, recorded and saved the session, and
>  exited Ardour.  I could not open the session I just saved.
>

>  > How do I determine which port has been duplicated? Do I need to edit
>  > the XML in my session file?
>
>  It looks like when I added the track, which I then renamed, I ended up
>  with both a port for the newly named track and the default name of "Audio n"
>  I edited the XML to remove <ControlOuts> sections in the new tracks because
>  they were using IO Names like "Audio 1[control]".  Removing these allowed the
>  session to load.  I should have renamed them, but I was anxious to get the
>  tracks down before I lost what little voice I have.

I don't see <ControlOuts> in my XML file. I removed some sends and
inserts and removed spaces from some IO names, and while I no longer
get the duplicate ports error, the session still won't load and I
still get the 'Unable to create all required ports' message. This is
in 2.1... if I try to load in 2.3, a dialog box pops up with an error
but then the app segfaults before I get a chance to read the dialog
box.

Looks like may just need to create the session from scratch and add my
source audio back in manually. Phooey.

-- Brett