[Ardour-Users] A couple of issues with Ardour2

Arnold Krille arnold at arnoldarts.de
Mon Mar 31 01:50:12 PDT 2008

Am Montag, 31. März 2008 schrieb Brett McCoy:
> I don't see <ControlOuts> in my XML file. I removed some sends and
> inserts and removed spaces from some IO names, and while I no longer
> get the duplicate ports error, the session still won't load and I
> still get the 'Unable to create all required ports' message. This is
> in 2.1... if I try to load in 2.3, a dialog box pops up with an error
> but then the app segfaults before I get a chance to read the dialog
> box.

Independent of the ardour segfault, this sounds as if jack isn't providing
enough ports for the interprocess-audio-transport. If you start jackd via
qjackctl, check the settings for "Port Maximum", on the commandline it is
the -p parameter in the jack-options (the ones before the -d<driver>). And
increase it...

Arnold
--
visit http://www.arnoldarts.de/