[Ardour-Users] A couple of issues with Ardour2

Joe Hartley jh at brainiac.com
Sun Mar 30 13:52:18 PDT 2008

On Sun, 30 Mar 2008 16:31:53 -0400
"Brett McCoy" <idragosani at gmail.com> wrote:

> 1) I have a session I'd recorded in Ardour2 (v2.1) a few months back,
> using the binary from CCRMA on Fedora 7. I opened it up today and am
> getting this error:
>
> [ERROR]: Unable to create all required ports
> [ERROR]: Session "/home/idragosani/music/alhazred/silver_key/yesilim
> (snapshot yesilim)" did not load successfully
>            .  .  .
> duplicate port name in port registration request

Yesterday I went back to a project I started a few months ago, and ran into
this same problem.  I added a new track, recorded and saved the session, and
exited Ardour.  I could not open the session I just saved.

> How do I determine which port has been duplicated? Do I need to edit
> the XML in my session file?

It looks like when I added the track, which I then renamed, I ended up
with both a port for the newly named track and the default name of "Audio n"
I edited the XML to remove <ControlOuts> sections in the new tracks because
they were using IO Names like "Audio 1[control]".  Removing these allowed the
session to load.  I should have renamed them, but I was anxious to get the
tracks down before I lost what little voice I have.

I now have issues with my BCF and controlling some tracks, and that may be
related, or it may be an issue with MIDI ports not connecting since I was
not using QJackCtl to start jackd.

I've been trying to get time all day to document the issue for the bug
tracker.

       Joe Hartley - UNIX/network Consultant - jh at brainiac.com