[Ardour-Users] What is "feedback"

Jaan Pullerits suva at surnuaed.ee
Mon Mar 17 01:14:14 PDT 2008

Hey!
> Since I'm also gonna be uding my bcr2000 with some of my own software,
> I'm very interrested in what exactly feedback is, how does it affect the
> user experience, some technical details about how it's implemented (on
> the software, for instance ardour, side) and possibly a link to more
> information about this on the net.

Feedback is:

When you have automations on the tracks, the automation info is sent
back to the control surface.
Then the control surface moves the faders if they are motorized. (BCF
has some servos built to
faders). On BCR the leds just "move" around.

Not sure about the technicalities but as far as I know, t just works by
sending the same CC's to the
device as the device sends them out.

--
Suva