[Ardour-Users] delay matching (aka time alignment)

Kevin Cosgrove kevinc at cosgroves.us
Sat Mar 1 02:30:56 PST 2008

On 1 March 2008 at 10:22, Giso Grimm <gg3137 at vegri.net> wrote:

> jackd supports to configure the hardware delay of your
> sound card. You could add the delay from percussion to mics
> to that delay (than the recording should be automatically
> time-aligned). Unfortunately only one delay for all inputs and
> one for all outputs is supported; it would be nice to have the
> possibility to setup each channel separately (or additionally
> to the global delay of the sound card).

That's not quite going to do what I'm after.  I want to adjust
the delay of, primarily, the overheads versus the other mics, and
all the mics go through the same soundcard.

I was hoping for some sort of delay insert plugin.  Maybe I need to
keep looking; there are a lot of plugins in my TAP + SWH + ... set.

Thanks....

--
Kevin