[Ardour-Users] Motherboard hints and tips?

Thomas GH Dorsch||Pianist & Composer info at pianowave.com
Thu Jan 31 15:15:59 PST 2008

I had a ServerBoard with no AGP Slot, so I needed to work with a PCI
graphic card. Together with a PCI Soundcard, guess what happened?

Clicks and noise every time I moved my mouse to move a window on the
screen - that was with a Windows XP  Pro System.

Now, I have a different computer, Graphics built into the mobo, Suse
Linux on it. Whenever I use the mouse to move a window, clicks and
noise. I also used Windows before on this newer computer, everything was
fine then. Now that I am in Linux I am facing an old problems due to
different reasons again, I believe it's called xruns.

Perhaps you can read some help in choosing your hardware out of this,
perhaps you could give me a tip as well. You may need to know, that I am
using a sampler software which needs almost all of my ram. However, when
I ran the same program in Windows, it used only half of my ram, which I
find hard to believe.

Cheers,
Thomas