[Ardour-Users] Flying faders on BCF2k not moving w/2.2, 2.3

Joe Hartley jh at brainiac.com
Mon Feb 18 14:54:25 PST 2008

On Mon, 18 Feb 2008 06:52:01 +0000
Jonathan Stowe <jns at gellyfish.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 2008-02-17 at 21:48 -0500, Joe Hartley wrote:
> > One thing I am having trouble with (and have for a while now) is that
> > the motorized faders on my Behringer BCF2000 don't move when either
> > the on-screen faders or gain automation change the level of gain.  The
> > faders control the gain level as expected.
>
> Are you using the "Mackie" mode with the BCF in emulation mode or as a
> standard midi device? You can find how to configure the former in
> http://www.ardour.org/files/manual/sn-mackie.html. If you are using the
> latter then you probably haven't got the "Feedback" option checked.

No, I'm not using the Mackie mode.  My setup's documented at
http://www.ardour.org/files/manual/sn-bcf2000.html

In Ardour's references window, all 3 devices (control, mcu, and seq)
are online.  MTC, MMC and MPC are all selected for the control device.

Under the Options menu, in Control Surfaces, I have Generic MIDI selected,
Controls->Feedback is checked, and Remote ID follows order of Mixer is selected.
Send MTC, Send MMC and Use MMC are all selected.

Under QJackCtl, Connect->MIDI, I show the BCF connected to ardour's seq
input, and ardour's seq output connected to the BCF.

Just for fun, I went back to 0.99.3 and opened an old session, and all
ran very well - the BCF's faders moved with gain automation and moving the on-
screen faders.  2.3.1 was still a no-go, though.  As I recall, the fader
movement stopped for me at the same time that Ardour started showing
3 devices (control, mcu, and seq) in the Preferences->MIDI window rather
than just the seq device.

As soon as I get this going, I'll update my BCF page in the manual.
Thanks in advance for the help!

       Joe Hartley - UNIX/network Consultant - jh at brainiac.com