[Ardour-Users] My Recent Struggles With the RT kernel and Ardour - With Happy Ending

JOHN LYON jalyon at shaw.ca
Tue Dec 23 11:45:26 PST 2008

The XFX motherboard would only let me eliminate the on-board sound card using windows software --- no bios settings.  I wasn't able to disable the onboard sound on the XFS board, but it would co-exist with the Delta 1010LT soundcard. Even there though, things were a little strange; if I did a soft reboot, it would stop seeing the Delta 1010LT soundcard, and only see the onboard (nVidia) stuff.  Wierd..

The Asus P5QL Pro motherboard allows me to disable sound in the BIOS, and that is what I have done. I haven't tested the mobo with the onboard sound turned on (why would I?).

Cheers,

John