[Ardour-Users] My Recent Struggles With the RT kernel and Ardour - With Happy Ending

Joe Hartley jh at brainiac.com
Tue Dec 23 12:10:39 PST 2008

On Tue, 23 Dec 2008 11:45:26 -0800
JOHN LYON <jalyon at shaw.ca> wrote:

> The XFX motherboard would only let me eliminate the on-board sound card using windows software --- no bios settings.

I've never felt like I've wasted my money by going for a higher-end mobo
with features like everything controllable in the BIOS... or without onboard
audio at all, though that's had to find these days.  I also discovered along
the way that what's good for gamers often is not useful for my needs.

> The Asus P5QL Pro motherboard allows me to disable sound in the BIOS, and that is what I have done. I haven't tested the mobo with the onboard sound turned on (why would I?).

No reason in the world :)

       Joe Hartley - UNIX/network Consultant - jh at brainiac.com