[Ardour-Users] My Recent Struggles With the RT kernel and Ardour - With Happy Ending

Joe Hartley jh at brainiac.com
Tue Dec 23 09:03:07 PST 2008

On Tue, 23 Dec 2008 08:21:23 -0800
JOHN LYON <jalyon at shaw.ca> wrote:
> The short version: my problem was the XFF nForce 680i LT SLI motherbaord. When I fianlly swapped in an Asus P5QL Pro motherbaord, I could use the Linux rt kernel at very low latencies without any xruns.

A very interesting tale - I'm glad you got everything working!  I'm
interested as to whether you ever disabled the onboard sound on the
motherboard and if that had any effect.

I've been through a few different machines now using a Delta 1010 for
the audio, and thanks in no small part to the Planet CCRMA efforts,
I've always had excellent success with rt kernels and low latency.

       Joe Hartley - UNIX/network Consultant - jh at brainiac.com
    129 Petta. Lake Rd,  Saunderstown, RI 02874 - vox 401.338.9214