[Ardour-Users] [Jack-Devel] Just a suggestion about how to handle bug reports

Kevin Cosgrove kevinc at cosgroves.us
Tue Dec 16 17:11:51 PST 2008

Hi Ralf,

You certainly sound frustrated, caught between a rock and a
hard place, and wanting to do the right thing it seems.  I know
nothing of what your specifics might be, and I don't really need
to.  Can I suggest just a little bit of space away from whatever
caused problems for you, be it people or software?  Maybe a few
days or weeks of breathing room could reset things for you?

Myself I've never found anything but support (moral and code) in
any Linux related audio group of people, list or otherwise.  I've
never seen anyone "banned" from any of these groups, although
I've seen maybe 1-2 posters who might have needed a treatment
like that.  The lead developers lurking in the lists that I
frequent have a great deal of patience with me, and I've seen
them demonstrate much patience with others.

I hope you find some way to make this work for you, because
software gets better when we all get along, working to that end.

All the best....

--
Kevin