[Ardour-Users] broken gate-plugin with 2.7.1 release

Sampo Savolainen v2 at iki.fi
Fri Dec 12 23:55:30 PST 2008

Hi Rob,

On Thu, 2008-12-11 at 20:30 +0000, rob wrote:
> I've been away from recording for a few months but recently took the
> plunge and upgraded Ardour and jack to latest versions.
>
> My favourite (ok - second favourite) plugin for treating drums (the swh
> gate) seems to be almost entirely non-functional here in latest Ardour.
> I've tried with and without the DC-offset/denormal handling options to
> no effect.  Hosting the plugin externally (jack-rack) works just fine.
>
> Is anyone else seeing this behaviour?

I saw something a bit similar yesterday. But let me ask first, how
non-functional? Did it pass the sound through it unaltered, or did it
mute the track?

Yesterday I started gating a snare while tracking some guitars. I don't
recall did I add the gate when the transport was rolling, but I didn't
get the gate to "gate" the snare at all. But after I restarted the
transport, it started working right.

Can you confirm that we are seeing the same sort of behavior?

 Sampo