[Ardour-Users] building a new machine for Ardour

david headon davidheadonuk at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Dec 8 14:39:29 PST 2008

I'm currently running an AMD Athlon64 based machine who's mobo has a top limit of 2G ram.
I have been using an RME HDSP 9652 audio interface, very successfully.
i for one will be watching this thread intently - i need to build a new box this coming year as time and budget permit.
i'm curious what drives would be recommended, not just for audio file storage, but for swap etc.
should i be using three drives (one for system, one for swap, and one for storage)?

bring on the ideas people-
this is fun stuff!

dav=-0