[Ardour-Users] state of tranzport support?

Giso Grimm gg3137 at vegri.net
Mon Dec 1 02:17:08 PST 2008

Hi,

to fix the problem you described you should apply the patch appended to
bug #1797. This will fix both the deadlock in the control_protocol
module and the reachability of all tracks/busses.

The user-space driver (based on libusb) for the Tranzport can not
properly handle an event overflow, which will result in a link breakdown
(and slow recovery from that) if the input events can not be handled
quick enough. Mike Taht is the author of the tranzport interface, he
suggested to use either the kernel space driver. We also discussed to
use an external tranzport-to-OSC controller application, which could use
a more reliable Tranzport-interface (actually I wrote a extremely simple
tranzport2midi interface which can be used as a generic Midi control
surface, but unfortunately without any feedback like track names and
input level: http://vegri.net/tranzport2midi.zip - undocumented and very
limited, but much better link performance).

Giso