[Ardour-Users] state of tranzport support?

Jörn Nettingsmeier nettings at stackingdwarves.net
Mon Dec 1 01:49:14 PST 2008

hi everyone!

a friend gave me a tranzport to play around with that he's not using at
the moment, and of course i hooked it up to ardour.

the basic functionality is there and it really is quite nice, but
stepping through the channels does not work. specifically, i have this
weird session here that consists of a 4ch master, two 6ch monitor busses
and one 4ch track. i can only step through the busses, not the channel,
and when i'm at the master track and try to go backward one more, ardour
goes haywire: 100% cpu, sloppy playback, mouse lags by tens of seconds.
at that point, i need to restart ardour usually.

reason i'm writing is: the concept of a low-level hardware driver in
ardour does strike me as odd - before i buy a tranzport myself, is there
reasonable hope that this thing will stay supported? or had i better get
me a generic midi controller with machine control buttons?

best,

jörn

--
Jörn Nettingsmeier

Verantwortlicher für Veranstaltungstechnik

Audio and event engineer
Ambisonic surround recordings

nettings at stackingdwarves.net
+49 177 7937487