[Ardour-Users] Play button fails me - transport doesn't start

Wolfgang Woehl tito at rumford.de
Thu Apr 17 07:53:51 PDT 2008

Gregory Jones:

> It is already set to 'Internal', sadly enough. I've tried most of
> the settings that have buttons on the main window and read far
> enough in to the documentation and tutorial so that I should be
> able to get the transport to move and the 'needle' to jump on the
> editor mixer. No joy.

Do you get any messages from ardour or jack when you hit play? I mean
messages other than the whole startup concerto.

Do you get play transport when you create a new session with all the
default settings?

Did I read your log of jackd messages right where it seemed to say
that all connections were set up and then disconnected again?

Wolfgang