[Ardour-Users] Play button fails me - transport doesn't start

Gregory Jones skripto at gmail.com
Thu Apr 17 09:40:57 PDT 2008

*Do you get any messages from ardour or jack when you hit play? I mean
messages other than the whole startup concerto. *I haven't found  any
messages that are generated in any of the logs or the console the two get
started from that occur as I'm trying to get the  transport  to start
moving.
*
Do you get play transport when you create a new session with all the
default settings? *The session in my original call for assistance was new
and I couldn't get it to move.
*
Did I read your log of jackd messages right where it seemed to say
that all connections were set up and then disconnected again?*  Actually
what you are probably seeing is that when I created the session I set up a
track and somehow (mouse wheel I suspect) created a stereo track. I
immediately deleted it and added a single channel track as I'm only using
one mike to simplify troubleshooting. Since I'm using auto input it tore
down all the connections associated with the stereo track and then created
the single channel track. At least as I understand things that is what we
are seeing. I can shut everything down and start back up with a new single
channel track and post that if you think the output will yield a clearer
picture. It won't be for another 8-9 hours but if you think it will help...

Thanks,
Greg