[Ardour-Users] Howto firgure settings out

Brett McCoy idragosani at gmail.com
Wed Sep 19 07:20:11 PDT 2007

On 9/19/07, Brett Clark <Brett at ciscoinc.com> wrote:

> This can bring up another question(s).  Im using a Delta 1010 and
> use the hardware monitoring (its 'external' in Ardour), so would i
> really care about latency?  If im playing back 8 tracks while recording
> a 9th track, doesnt Ardour compensate for that?  Also, would a larger
> latency reduce the load on the processor?

If you are using the monitoring provided by the Delta 1010, it's
essentially zero latency and you shouldn't have any issues. I've been
using Ardour with M-Audio cards (2496 and Delta series) for several
years now and latency has never been an issue. Switch to internal
(software) monitoring and you will really notice the difference.

-- Brett