[Ardour-Users] Looping Punchin/Punchout

Brett Clark Brett at ciscoinc.com
Fri Sep 7 11:19:53 PDT 2007

Last night i was looping through a punch-in/out area and i noticed something very perculiar.
I have 7 tracks total and i only armed 1 of the tracks for the punch.  When looping and
punching, everything seemed to work fine until i pressed the space bar to stop the transport.
It was at that point that i noticed that there were additional blank regions created on the
tracks above and below the one i had armed, although the blank regions were at the very
beginning of the tracks as opposed to positioned with the punches.  Neither of those 2
tracks were armed, and in fact one of them was even frozen.  I implemented a work-around
by simply removing the blank regions so i could continue working.  I havent had much time
to play with this yet, but i have checked the issues tracker and didnt see anything already
submitted.  Here are my questions:

1) has anyone else had this issue?

2) should i play with it more on 2.0.5, or should i just upgrade to the "ongoing" code and
see if it still happens?

Im assuming that upgrading to "ongoing" makes the most sense, but ill stick with 2.0.5
if there's some value to it.

Thanks
--Brett

Specs: