[Ardour-Users] How do I select and copy a time aligned region?

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Mon Sep 3 10:42:53 PDT 2007

On Mon, 2007-09-03 at 12:13 -0500, peter schmitt wrote:

> Would it be too much trouble to ask how I can avoid the problem of
> trimming the original track as a side effect? Whenever I attempt to
> select a region from it, everything but the region of interest
> disappears from view, and I can't get the remainder of the track back in
> the editor. It will still audition in its' totality, but I can't see the
> unselected content anymore.

go into range mouse mode (press "r"), select a time range in a track
using the mouse (press-drag-release). copy (ctrl-c). select the target
track. paste (ctrl-v). it will appear at the location of the edit
cursor. to move it to precisely the same spot, right click, select the
region name, then from the submenu, "original position".

there is another approach as well, but try that one and see how it works
for you.

--p