[Ardour-Users] How do I select and copy a time aligned region?

peter schmitt proyschmitt at gmail.com
Mon Sep 3 10:13:59 PDT 2007

Dan Tepper wrote:
> after you drop the region in a new track, right click the region, from
> the top (region) menu, choose "original position"
>
> note: this won't work if the source region was moved from its original
> position.
>
> -dan

Thank you very, very much.
This issue was confounding the hell out of me.
I'm a newbie to DAW usage, and I'm just getting used to the terrain.
I've read up on studio techniques and such, but putting theory to
practice always has a learning curve, and I'm at the very beginning if
that curve.

Would it be too much trouble to ask how I can avoid the problem of
trimming the original track as a side effect? Whenever I attempt to
select a region from it, everything but the region of interest
disappears from view, and I can't get the remainder of the track back in
the editor. It will still audition in its' totality, but I can't see the
unselected content anymore.