[Ardour-Users] Seems like an Ardour's plugin initialization is wrong

Jesse Chappell jesse at essej.net
Mon Oct 22 07:06:24 PDT 2007

On 10/22/07, Oleg Ivanenko <oivanenko at gmail.com> wrote:
> May be I don't understand You...
>
> Look, I have one mono track. Hard Limiter is inserted in top redirect
> box. Ardour track's panner is centered. That's all.

Look at my description again, the panner itself is causing the output
levels on each of the output channels to be 3db less than the input
(when centered) *by design* and that is exactly what you are seeing.
This is a standard behavior for a panner because of the perceived
level of the source coming from 2 speakers instead of one.  Therefore,
if this bothers you, raise the limiter threshold, or raise the fader
by 3db or put a gain plugin after the limiter to compensate for it, or
disable the panner (right click and pick the menu option).   Sorry for
the confusion.

jlc