[Ardour-Users] Clicking noises in Ardour 2.x

maillistnoll maillistnoll at nollcentral.com
Mon Oct 15 08:25:48 PDT 2007

I have been using Ardour 0.99 for the past two years to do simple vocal
recordings, and aside from the occasional hiccup with this or that, it has
been very successful.

I've been doing this on a 3.4GHz hyperthreaded Intel with 16GB RAM (I think
that's right) and SATA drives in a mirrored configuration and I'm using the
Delta 1010 audio capture card. The kernel configuration is

# uname -a
Linux soundroom 2.6.17-gentoo-r8 #1 SMP PREEMPT Sun Oct 1 10:35:16 EDT 2006
i686 Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.40GHz GenuineIntel GNU/Linux

I recently upgraded to Ardour 2.0 and then to 2.1. In both versions I am now
hearing crackling or clicking noises on an irregular basis. The clicking
occurs only when I route a physical input to another track or group (e.g.
input 1 to master), and I only hear the noise at the "routed to" channel,
not at the physical input channel.

I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this or can point me to a fix.

Thanks!

--kan--