[Ardour-Users] Problems importing audio

Joshua Parmenter josh at realizedsound.net
Thu Oct 11 08:40:24 PDT 2007

Hi all... I'm working on a fairly large project at the moment (the
duration of the file is about 23 minutes, and the interchange
directory is up to 3.04 GB). I'm trying to import audio into an
existing track, and am getting the following error:

[ERROR]: SndFileSource: cannot open file "/Users/joshp/ArdourComp/
interchange/ArdourComp/audiofiles/
961.19_AppProc7_proc7N2button61191906331.4103071009_122707_-R.wav"
for read+write (System error.)
[ERROR]: Session::import_audiofile: cannot open new file source for
channel 2

I'm using a Ardour 2.1 (X11) on a MacBook Pro 2.4 GHz with OS X
10.4.10. Due to the system error, I have tried a restart of the
program (where I may be able to import one new file, then get the
above error when I try to import the next one), I have restarted the
computer and have checked disk permissions, and have finally hit a
wall where nothing else can be imported. Have I hit a limit of some
sort?

All the files I am importing are 32-bit floating point WAVES. If
anyone has any suggestions, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks!

Josh

/* Joshua D. Parmenter
http://www.realizedsound.net/josh/

“Every composer – at all times and in all cases – gives his own
interpretation of how modern society is structured: whether actively
or passively, consciously or unconsciously, he makes choices in this
regard. He may be conservative or he may subject himself to continual
renewal; or he may strive for a revolutionary, historical or social
palingenesis." - Luigi Nono
*/