[Ardour-Users] Stereo becomes mono

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Thu Oct 11 01:16:10 PDT 2007

On Thu, 2007-10-11 at 00:33 -0400, Michael Dunn wrote:
> I've had this happen to me twice now - where a track I recorded in
> stereo either turns into a mono track, or remains stereo, but one of
> the channels disappears!
>
> In the first case, I managed to salvage things by simply copying the
> regions into new stereo tracks (hmmm, no, actually, I created the new
> tracks, then just selected a playlist for them - though I did also
> try copying as an experiment).
>
> I haven't looked at the second case yet...

Michael, I think it might really help to stop and backup a bit. You are
having an unending series of problems that I have not seen reported by
others. We need to understand why this is happening, and this is not
going to happen by you just continuing on, trying one thing and then
another without very much understanding of what is changing, what is
normal, or how things work.

Is there are chance that you could show up on IRC, where we can talk in
realtime, without the latency that email implies? Then we can try to go
through your workflow/workstyle and try to understand what is causing
you so much grief (and hopefully fix it).

--p