[ardour-users] "Clipping" type noise when monitoring or during playback

Steven Chamberlain steven at pyro.eu.org
Sun May 27 07:07:11 PDT 2007

Hi,

Have you tried increasing the JACK period size to something higher (at
the expense of higher latency) -- does this reduce the problem?

Also, do the tracks appear in Ardour with the red 'clipped' indicator?
I forget exactly what this looks like... but I think red lines are drawn
above and below the track's waveform to show clipping.

Are the .wav's you are importing, of the same sample rate that JACK is
set to?  If not, you could try resampling them yourself (you'll need
'sox' installed; assuming JACK is running at 96000Hz, run something like:
  sox infile.wav -r 96000 outfile.wav resample
and then try importing the manually-converted .wav and see if it's any
different... if that works for you, please let us know.

Regards,
--
Steven Chamberlain
steven at pyro.eu.org