[ardour-users] Problems running jack and ardour on macbookpro and debian

Antonio Castellano stanzarossa at email.it
Thu May 10 16:26:26 PDT 2007

hito the list
first of all i have to say that ardour is the better program out there,
and i say this after one year in a pro-pro-tools recording techniques
school. it's simply more inteligent.
i've some problems with jack so i can't use ardour as i did last 2 years.
my new laptop is a macboo kpro, i've installed debian etch and a 2.6.21
kernel with the rt1 patch, realtime lsm and rlimits(the kernel is the
Debian multimedia linux_image), but everytime i try to launch jackd i
got messages saying i don't have capabilities, i know that alsa driver
or that soundcard is not perfect, as i can read on the web, but using
only alsa with xmms everything works fine, capture of my soundcard isn't
supported by the snd_hda_intel as on the debian wiki about macbook pros,
is this possible that jackd doesn't work for the alsa driver? should i
look for a new soundcard or the problem is somewhere else?

thanks a lot if someone can help me and sorry for the bad english (like
every good italian;)

antonio castellano

 Sponsor:
 Lo sai che hai un tesoro in soffitta? Quello che non serve più a te, può servire agli altri.
* Vendi GRATIS ciò che vuoi con AdBoom.it
 Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=6418&d=11-5