[ardour-users] Playhead Not moving (Solved)
neilshaw at mac.com
Fri Mar 30 18:27:49 PDT 2007
I stumbled on to a solution to the playhead not working problem, it
has something to do with qjackctl. Occasionally qjackctl will load
but the transport controls on qjackctl don't function, when this
happens Ardour2's playhead will also not function.
The fix is odd but so far has worked.
1) put the computer into suspend mode
2) bring the computer out of suspend
3) Ardour will be displaying a Jack disconnected error
4) In Ardour click on Jack/reconnect
5) Go to qjackctl and click on start
6) Press the play button on qjackctl
7) Go back to Ardour and the playhead now moves.
Sounds a little bit like voodoo as I can't see a logical reason for
those steps to work.
More information about the Ardour-Users