[ardour-users] [ANN] Mackie MCU, BCF2000 and Tranzport testers wanted

John Anderson ardour at semiosix.com
Thu Mar 22 02:44:30 PDT 2007

On Wed, 2007-03-21 at 14:57 +0100, Giso Grimm wrote:
> It is probably hard to find a layout which fits everyone's needs. I am
> using ardour mainly for recording/editing of classical music, no
> overdubbing and similar, and ffwd/rew is really useful for me (although
> jumping to next/previous marker sounds great also, never used it before
> ;-) ).
>
> A possible extensio could be to map home/end via shift1, and put
> rew/ffwd on the same buttons without shift. Or use shift1+loop /
> shift1+click for rew/ffwd, this is possible to reach with only one hand
> (shift1+previous/next is hard to reach).

I'm thinking it's a good idea to keep left/right things mapped
equivalently on the surface. punch in/punch out don't have a left/right
orientation, so maybe they could work as shift1+loop/shift1+click. Which
would free up the top 2 buttons for ffwd/rew.

But that leaves quite a distance between play/stop and ffwd/rew, which
is not good.

Another possibility is to move play/stop to where bank switching is,
giving more buttons that are close to play/stop.

bye
John