[ardour-users] A few questions

Thorsten Wilms t_w_ at freenet.de
Thu Mar 1 05:12:25 PST 2007

On Thu, Mar 01, 2007 at 01:00:42PM +0000, Carl Hetherington wrote:

> 1.  Can I have groups of regions, so that e.g. cutting one of the regions
> in the groups applies the same cut to the other regions in the group?  Are
> these called "edit groups"?  How do I set one up?

Just select several tracks via shift-clicking and then cut.

> 2.  I notice that, perfectly logically, one can't insert (for example) a
> stereo plugin into a mono track.  I expect there's a planned neat solution
> to this "limitation"; any clues as to what it is?  Is there any way I can
> insert the plugin anyway and get ardour to just use one of its channels?

Insert a mono to stereo plugin. afterwards connect only one output of the
track.

> 3.  Automation: I can draw gain automation over a region with the "draw
> gain automation" tool, but how does this relate to the automation "tracks"
> that become visible when I do "show all automation" on a track?  How can I
> draw automation into /these/ tracks?

The envelopes on regions and the automation tracks are independent.
Just click on the automation track to add a node. You might have to
use the Object tool, not sure from memory if Gain tool works there
right now.

--
Thorsten Wilms