[ardour-users] A few questions

Carl Hetherington lists at carlh.net
Thu Mar 1 05:00:42 PST 2007

Hi all,

I'm taking a look at ardour again after a hiatus of a year or two.  I'm
very impressed!

I have just a few quick questions that I haven't been able to find answers
to.  Any pointers would be much appreciated.

1.  Can I have groups of regions, so that e.g. cutting one of the regions
in the groups applies the same cut to the other regions in the group?  Are
these called "edit groups"?  How do I set one up?

2.  I notice that, perfectly logically, one can't insert (for example) a
stereo plugin into a mono track.  I expect there's a planned neat solution
to this "limitation"; any clues as to what it is?  Is there any way I can
insert the plugin anyway and get ardour to just use one of its channels?

3.  Automation: I can draw gain automation over a region with the "draw
gain automation" tool, but how does this relate to the automation "tracks"
that become visible when I do "show all automation" on a track?  How can I
draw automation into /these/ tracks?

Thanks for any tips.

Cheers

Carl