[ardour-users] Some questions about fades

John Emmas johne53 at tiscali.co.uk
Sun Jun 17 08:05:12 PDT 2007

Thanks Dragan - you wrote:-

> look into menu -> windows -> option editor -> layers and fades (or
> simply press 'ctrl + o'), perhaps it is what you are looking for.

Sorry - maybe I should have posted my question into the devel forum.
I'm trying to find out where (an a ".ardour" file) the fade lengths get
stored.

I looked again at the appropriate regions in my XML file - but all the
regions seems to have the following properties:-

Opaque
DefaultFadeIn
DefaultFadeOut
FadeIn
FadeOut

and for the FadeIn & FadeOut there seem to be further properties:-

default = "yes"
active = "yes"

As far as I can tell, all those properties are the same for every
clip - regardless of the actual fade length and regardless of whether
the clip is active or not.  Does that make any sense?

Best regards,

John