[ardour-users] Some questions about fades

Giso Grimm gg3137 at vegri.net
Mon Jun 18 07:58:06 PDT 2007

Hi,

actually I experienced a strange behaviour of ardour (2.0.2) concerning
cross fades and default settings (just found no time yet to submit a bug
report):

The default values for cross fades in the menus and those which are
applied differ (here it is full cross fades in the menu, but short cross
fades are applied). If I change the values in the menu and save the
session, the new values are stored in the session file (in the <Options>
section). Once they are stored in the session file everything seems to
work fine.

I hear sometimes another problem with cross-fades: If the earlier region
is above the later region, I hear a click at the end of the cross fade.
This click disappears if the later region is set to be on top of the
earlier. I did not read the list carefully enough to be sure that this
issue has not been discussed yet.

Best regards,

  Giso