[ardour-users] Some questions about fades

John Emmas johne53 at tiscali.co.uk
Sun Jun 17 06:48:11 PDT 2007

I have a couple of questions about timeline fades:-

1)  If I grab and drag the top left-hand corner of a timeline clip it seems
to apply a fade-in which is represented by a diagonal line.  Sometimes the
area above the diagonal line is shaded and sometimes it isn't.  Is there any
significance to the shading?  i.e. why do some clips get the shading when
others don't?

2)  How (or rather, where) is the actual length of the fade-in represented
in a session-state file?  I assumed that there might be an entry in the
appropriate clip's region but I can't see anything obvious.

3)  How is the length of the clip calculated?  Is it just simply the number
of samples between the start of the fade-in and the end of the fade-out?

Thanks,

John