[ardour-users] 48 channels on ardour

cristiano scabello criscabello at gmail.com
Tue Jul 17 08:33:02 PDT 2007

thank you christian

On 17/07/07, Christian Schumann <schumann at physik.uni-kl.de> wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 17, 2007 at 11:20:40AM -0300, cristiano scabello wrote:
> >    hi, a friend from rio de janeiro is looking for an equipement to
> record
> >    and mix 48 channels of live performances with ardour, and he ask me
> some
> >    that I couldn't answer.
> >
> >    does ardour support 48 channels?
> Yes it does.
>
> >    does anyone tried it yet?
> I did, but in batches of 24 tracks, because my hardware only supports
> 26-track input.

wich hardware are you using?

>    which soundcard interface should work in this case?
> >    the system works well with more than one soundcard (like five m-audio
> >    delta1010 in one machine?) does it make any sense?
> I don't know if you do yourself a favour with ganging so many cards
> together. For something this big I'd have a look into the RME MADI
> stuff.

I'm looking for the RME MADI hardwarte, and I'm very impressive whith it,
but I've never worked with optical I/O's.
I'll need a converter or a mixer with optical outputs, does it?

regards
cris

Regards
> Christian
>
> --
> Dipl.-Phys. Christian Schumann   |Technische Universitaet Kaiserslautern
> Mail: schumann at physik.uni-kl.de  |           Fachbereich Physik
> Tel.: 0631/205-4842 (Office)     |     http://www.physik.uni-kl.de
> Tel.: 0631/205-4843 (Lab)        |
> Fax.: 0631/205-3902              |
> Post: Erwin-Schroedinger-Strasse, D-67663 Kaiserslautern

cristiano.scabello
criscabello.estudiolivre.org
myspace.com/criscabello

                                   vire