[ardour-users] 48 channels on ardour

Christian Schumann schumann at physik.uni-kl.de
Tue Jul 17 07:23:47 PDT 2007

On Tue, Jul 17, 2007 at 11:20:40AM -0300, cristiano scabello wrote:
>    hi, a friend from rio de janeiro is looking for an equipement to record
>    and mix 48 channels of live performances with ardour, and he ask me some
>    that I couldn't answer.
>
>    does ardour support 48 channels?
Yes it does.

>    does anyone tried it yet?
I did, but in batches of 24 tracks, because my hardware only supports
26-track input.

>    which soundcard interface should work in this case?
>    the system works well with more than one soundcard (like five m-audio
>    delta1010 in one machine?) does it make any sense?
I don't know if you do yourself a favour with ganging so many cards
together. For something this big I'd have a look into the RME MADI
stuff.

Regards
Christian

Dipl.-Phys. Christian Schumann   |Technische Universitaet Kaiserslautern
Mail: schumann at physik.uni-kl.de  |           Fachbereich Physik
Tel.: 0631/205-4842 (Office)     |     http://www.physik.uni-kl.de
Tel.: 0631/205-4843 (Lab)        |
Fax.: 0631/205-3902              |
Post: Erwin-Schroedinger-Strasse, D-67663 Kaiserslautern