[ardour-users] Short question concerning quality

Dennis Herber DennisMail at gmx.net
Fri Jul 13 00:06:31 PDT 2007

Well, it also happened to me sometimes that I overread important information, so your answer is not "stupid" to me, this simply sometimes happens. So don´t care about this ;)

What concerns the issue: I just bought a very simple creative usb soundcard yesterday, as I only have to use this very rarely. Unfortunately, we had only short time yesterday, so no real soundcheck was possible and therefor, I didn´t have the time to read through the manual how to make jackd use the usb card (that was perfectly recognized by my linux laptop), so I just used the line in of the internal Intel card and so now, I guess I have that strange noise over 1,5 hours of recording. But as this is only for internal use, I guess that although it´s not a good solution, it´s acceptable.

But now I´m looking for a better solution, as the laptop one is really only for quick setups without any soundcheck etc. In future, I want to set up with a mixer that is somehow connected to a dedicated desktop machine for recording. I´m still no millionaire, so the less money I have to spend, the better. As I have to mix the front of house sound for live anyhow, I just planned to buy a little mixing desk and from it, get the sound into the PC. Midi is not really needed for this, as we´re doing musicals with live bands and I think that if any of the musicians need midi functions, he should realize it on its own.

Any suggestions for mixing desks and soundcards for what I want to archive?

Regards,
Dennis Neumeier

-------- Original-Nachricht --------