[ardour-users] Short question concerning quality

Asbell, Henry C. asbellh at umkc.edu
Thu Jul 12 11:27:23 PDT 2007

I have had pretty good results going into a laptop with an iMic (USB.
It is inexpensive (ABOUT $35)and the noise floor seems to be okay.
BUT... it is not duplex and has no midi interface. Like most consumer
cards it requires some sort of mic preamps or the signal-to-noise ratio
sucks.  An option might be something like an m-Box, but now we're
talking low-end pro gear and some bucks -- $400 or more.