[ardour-users] Short question concerning quality

DennisMail at gmx.net DennisMail at gmx.net
Thu Jul 12 06:04:25 PDT 2007

Hello list,

I am using a Toshiba Laptop with integrated Intel 82801G (ICH7 Family) Definition Audio Controller (rev02) with installed Kubunti Feisty and Ardour 2.0.3.

When I connect the two inputs via qjackctl to a new created audio track, I see that the mixer has constantly some kind of noise when I set this channel to record. I guess it has to do something with the soundcard (better: soundchip) in the laptop - could I be right?

If so, can anybody tell me if there is a recommended pcmcia soundcard I can buy to get this working with good quality? I just want to get sound from a mixer via the headphones output directly recorded. I will certainly use ardour also on my big system, but for this task, I don´t really want to buy a high-end soundcard. Can you please make suggestion (I live in germany and near my work place, there´s a shop, so I could drive there after work).

Regards,
Dennis Neumeier