[ardour-users] A decent sound card for Ardour

Matthew Hiscock audio at bootlegsounds.com
Wed Jan 3 09:31:34 PST 2007

I moved from a M-Audio Delta 66 to an RME 9632 and immediately
noticed a whole world of treble that I'd been missing.

Also, because the card handles (most? all? a part of?) the audio
engine, the computer (at that time, a G4) was a touch more stable,
and much more responsive with big projects in Cubase. I'm sure the
same thing would apply to Ardour, though I don't have the 66 now to
do the comparison.

Everything about the card just seems professional. Even to the point
of the ugly-but-super-functional-and-stable mixing software.

I had to juggle around my RME and UAD-1 cards in terms of which slot
they are in to get them to work optimally on my G5 but now everything
pretty much rock solid (knock on wood).

Matthew

site: http://www.bodega-audio.com
label myspace: http://www.myspace.com/bodegaaudio