[ardour-users] help with HPET and rtirq

Geoff Beasley songshop at bizmedia.com.au
Mon Feb 5 13:08:38 PST 2007

On Tuesday 06 February 2007 00:01, Allan Klinbail wrote:

> In ardour I get the following when trying to use the HPET module from
> the kernel
>
> This system has no accessible HPET device (Permission denied)

sure the hpet timer is enabled under "processor type and features" in the
kernel ?  there's another entry under "device drivers >character devices".
maybe you need that on as well.i have them both enabled and it works 100% for
me, tho i run as root all the time. :)

 someone more knowledgeable may fill in the gaps here.

hth

g.