[Ardour-Users] OSX crashes.can't save

Juan Aboites jaboit at gmail.com
Wed Dec 5 09:52:07 PST 2007

Hello list.

I'm using Ardour 2.1 with X11 on OS X. I've been experiencing some
crashes and general weirdness on a fairly large session with several
snapshots:

While working on one particular snapshot Ardour crashes just as
recording begins. After starting up and choosing to utilize crash data
Ardour crashes again. After starting up again, the session loads with
the following error /

[WARNING]: Session: XML state has no click section. /

At this point, all of the displayed tracks are without inputs or
outputs. A short time later after/while manually adding one input and
two outputs for mono (and connecting them to the coreaudio out and
master ins respectively) for each track, I get the following error:

 /SndFileSource: cannot open file
"/Volumes/Grapes/Ardour_Sessions_Live/Ardour2Sessions/Drone/interchange/Drone/audiofiles/outboardreturn-19.wav"
for read+write (System error.)

/Then, when trying to save:
/
[ERROR]: state could not be saved to
/Volumes/Grapes/Ardour_Sessions_Live/Ardour2Sessions/Drone/BeforefirstSectionBreak.tmp.
/

So I quit without saving, reopen, and continue working as normal with
the following error when i try to save:

/ERROR]: Could not open
/Volumes/Grapes/Ardour_Sessions_Live/Ardour2Sessions/Drone/BeforefirstSectionBreak.ardour.bak
as copy. /

Since my changes are being saved, and it's only the backup file that's
not working, I've just been ignoring this last error. However, this
whole cycle has repeated itself about three times. I'm not sure what
causes it to begin in the first place, or what causes it to advance to
the next error. I've tried replacing the text in ardour.bak with the
text in the main file, but it makes no difference.

thanks in advance,

juan