[Ardour-Users] disk not able to keep up with ardour...

maillistnoll maillistnoll at nollcentral.com
Thu Dec 6 06:06:09 PST 2007

I'm having trouble with my disks keeping up with Ardour. I remembered
reading this thread a while back and I've searched through some of the other
FAQs and mailing lists, but can't seem to come to any particular conclusion.

I have a 3GHz HT Intel system (Dell) with a set of mirrored Seagate SATA
drives.

Unlike the previous discussion, though, I am having trouble just getting 3-4
minutes of 3 mono tracks to record at 44.1KHz from a Delta 1010. I've run
Bonnie to test performance (approx. 4MB/sec if I remember correctly) and I
believe it should be more than sufficient, though not optimal. I've been
focusing on the IO scheduler as a possible culprit, but none of the FAQs and
other info that I've found can seem to come to any consensus whether to use
the AS, CFQ, or Deadline schedulers. My default is the AS.

Does anyone have a recommendation?

--kan--
--
Kevin A. Noll, KD4WOZ