[Ardour-Users] cpu usage with Ardour and Compiz

Hector Centeno hcengar at gmail.com
Sat Dec 1 18:59:29 PST 2007

Hello,

I came across a strange problem today. I'm using Fedora 7+CCRMA in a
Core2Duo desktop computer with a Nvidia 8600 and 2 gig of ram. With
compiz enabled the CPU usage goes up a lot when displaying Ardour's
mixer (idle). The more tracks the mixer has the higher the usage. If I
have something like 12 tracks the CPU goes close to 95%. If I turn off
compiz the problem goes away. Is anyone experiencing something
similar? The problem doesn't happen with other apps.

Thanks!

Hector